Thursday 22 September 2011

La Escuela

Trying on another translation exercise from A first Spanish reader - I did this long ago.. But had a go again since I took a long break and I have to start from new..

1. LA ESCUELA

Voy a la escuela. Voy a la escuela el lunes, el martes, el miércoles, el jueves y el viernes. El sábado y el domingo no voy a la escuela. El sábado y el domingo estoy en casa. Soy un discípulo y estoy en la escuela. El discípulo aprende. Aprendo la aritmética, a leer y a escribir. Vd. aprende el español. Todos nosotros aprendemos diligentemente. Algunos discípulos no son diligentes. Algunos son perezosos. El maestro elogia a los discípulos diligentes y a los discípulos obedientes. Él no elogia a los alumnos perezosos.
El maestro enseña. Mi maestro enseña el español. Este maestro enseña las matemáticas y aquel maestro el inglés. El señor Blanco enseña la biología y la química. La señorita Herrera enseña la geografía y la historia. ¿Qué aprende Vd. en la escuela? Aprendo el español, el francés, el álgebra, la biología y la estenografía.

I go to school. I go to school on monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday and friday. Saturday and Sunday I don't go to school. I am in my house on saturday and sunday. I am student and I am in school. Students learn. I learn maths, to read and write. You learn spanish. All of us learn diligently. Some students are not diligent. Some are lazy. The master praises the diligent and obedient students. He doe snot praise the lazy students.
The master teaches. My master teaches Spanish. This master reaches maths and that English teacher. Mr. White teaches biology and chemistry. Ms. Herrera teaches geography and history. What do you learn in school? I learn spanish, french, algebra, biology and  stenography.


No comments:

Post a Comment